One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Australian psychiatrist Dr John Diamond discovered that the muscles go weak when subjected to ‘stopped anapestic beat of hard rock.’’
- ‘But the repetition of ‘call to me’ in its dactylic form makes a continuous anapaestic reading impossible, and the stress dactyls in the following lines makes it clearly inappropriate.’
- ‘‘The Beautiful Changes’ consists of three six-line stanzas in loose iambics with an anapestic lilt.’
- ‘That poem, ‘The Pig and the Rooster,’ was in anapestic tetrameter, the poetic meter of ‘The Night before Christmas.’’
- ‘This anapaestic rhyme comes from Westmounter Harry Mayerovitch, author of Limericks for Hereticks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.