One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism) extreme happiness, one of the highest states of being.‘the ananda of divine love’
- ‘Ebrahim Alkazi believes that through forms harsh and brutal, Sultan Ali ‘sought ananda… to come to terms with that unnerving reality’.’
- ‘Carved in stone or cast in bronze, His ananda tandava, the fierce ballet of bliss, dances the cosmos into and out of existence within a fiery arch of flames denoting consciousness.’
- ‘This movement ‘is not to produce more food for consumers, but to create life, diversity and ananda (to live a happy life).’’
- ‘Being so kind He accompanies the living being as Supersoul always trying to divert the attention of them towards their constitutional nature, which is one of real happiness, ananda (bliss).’
- ‘I can't say that it's wrong to ask for an experience of bliss, I mean much of my meditation was in pursuit of the ananda, the bliss, you know, truth, light, bliss.’
From Sanskrit ānanda ‘blessedness, bliss’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.