Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The psychoanalytical system of psychology developed and practised by Carl Gustav Jung.
- ‘Their contention could be justified were it proved that analytical psychology, so closely derived from the psychology of its founder, is imbued with a Fascist spirit.’
- ‘This inner-active ‘opus’ was achieved through what was later defined by analytical psychology as, ‘active imagination’.’
- ‘Jung founded his own school of analytical psychology.’
- ‘He interpreted the results from the point of view of the analytical psychology of Carl Gustav Jung.’
- ‘One of the earliest and most trenchant answers came in 1922 from Carl Jung, father of analytical psychology and a notable Freudian apostate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.