One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of approaching philosophical problems through analysis of the terms in which they are expressed, associated with Anglo-American philosophy of the early 20th century.
- ‘This movement is often known as ‘analytical Marxism’, since its proponents aim to reformulate Marx's insights using the tools and methods of contemporary Anglo-American analytic philosophy and social science.’
- ‘Feminist critiques may have been legitimate for some kinds of analytic philosophy, especially logical positivism, but because analytic philosophy has changed, the objections do not hold for most contemporary work.’
- ‘During the 1960s many young philosophers began again to turn to the moral problems of modern society, utilizing the philosophical tools of modern Anglo-American analytic philosophy.’
- ‘The misreading of Hegel is standard form in 20th century French philosophy - just as it is in Anglo-American analytic philosophy.’
- ‘This is particularly unusual in twentieth century analytic philosophy, where the approach to philosophical problems is usually more piecemeal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.