One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Geometry using coordinates.
- ‘Miss Scott was a geometer who whenever possible brought to analytical geometry the full resources of pure geometrical reasoning.’
- ‘From September to December 1883 Stieltjes lectured on analytical geometry and on descriptive geometry.’
- ‘The new algebra and analytical geometry of Viète was read by Newton from Frans van Schooten's edition of Viète's collected works published in 1646.’
- ‘In 1876 Veronese was appointed as assistant in analytical geometry on the strength of his paper on Pascal's hexagram which he had completed by this time.’
- ‘Judging by the preview page, which also has PDFs of introductory material and the first chapter, I doubt if it'll change established analytical geometry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.