Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance whose chemical constituents are being identified and measured.
- ‘However, the resolution was also found to depend strongly on the contact times of the analyte with the surface.’
- ‘The lowest level of variability was observed between the quadruplicate spots of an individual analyte measured within a single sample well.’
- ‘Additional experiments were performed to determine the endogenous levels of each analyte.’
- ‘Our system uses NIR spectroscopy to measure analytes in tissue.’
- ‘Generally the product ions reflect the relative amount of the analyte of interest.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.