Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The analyzer is capable of detecting micron sizes in a range from 0.5 to 1750 microns.’
- ‘Engineers studied network traffic patterns, using tools such as protocol analyzers to detect anomalous behavior, and blocked compromised hosts.’
- ‘The ions are then guided to the mass analyzer and the detector by electrostatic lenses.’
- ‘Local businessmen and analysers take part in a survey, through which the results are calculated.’
- ‘The other key gadgets include 1000 ‘Cats Eye Reflective Road Markers’, four radar guns for detecting speedy vehicles from a distance and seven breath analysers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.