One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person undergoing psychoanalysis.
- ‘Even though Laforgue embraced outdated primitivist views of Arabs, then, the presence of his analysands in Moroccan institutions opened psychiatry to new views that broke with the past.’
- ‘The most demanding part of a Jungian analysis occurs when the analysand (the person undergoing analysis) begins to confront his own shadow.’
- ‘The analysand can break free of the pattern of repetition only through reproducing or reenacting the trauma as opposed to simply repeating it; the analysand must reexperience the trauma and its concomitant anxiety.’
- ‘That is perfectly acceptable, but then it is important that you consciously state what you think an analysand comes to a psychoanalyst for and what you think the function of a psychoanalyst is, because based on that all-else follows.’
- ‘First it is a communication between psychoanalysts, analysands and supervisees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.