Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘As a universal spam blocking tool Spam Blocker possesses indefeasible advantages compared to analogical applications.’
- ‘Is there just one concept that corresponds to an analogical term, or is there a sequence of concepts?’
- ‘What counts in analogical comparison is, within limits, inherently contestable.’
- ‘The analogical structure and poetical impulse that runs through all of the paired images are even found in the artist's single images such as his Giglio.’
- ‘He was unable to see how evolution in biology could have any but the feeblest analogical resemblance to the evolution of society.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.