One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I've also tidied some shelves, rearranged my book collection and, anally, alphabetized my CD collection (no mean feat with more than 500 CDs).’
- ‘L and H were a great duo: L was anally tidy, a cordon bleu cook and kept the place spotless, and H was doing the whole late-onset rebellion thing and we stayed up all night watching movies.’
- ‘The band's preferred method of crafting their uptemp tunes involves intense collaboration and consolidation of the best parts, chosen in almost anally democratic rounds of ayes and nays.’
- ‘I've always been this sort of person who thinks ahead, anally breaking the years up into three or four year segments and thinking about what each segment would contain, I would compartmentalise my life into challenges.’
- ‘I'm sure that this is closely related to my anally retentive attitude towards employing proper grammar and complete English words, without ever resorting to the dreaded ‘text speak’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.