One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I can't even begin to think of anything to say about this, but thought I would offer it up to the greater glory of anal retentiveness in all its myriad and glorious forms.’
- ‘His anal retentiveness - he must, must, MUST wipe the seat every time he sits down at their local coffee house - and perfect timing makes him one of the most endearing characters in television history.’
- ‘Indeed, I would like to see a Freudian interpretation of social values related to constipation that particularly explores anal retentiveness and the use of dilators, vibrators and colonic irrigation as methods of prevention and cure.’
- ‘Her short and sweet set consisted of three numbers: three funny, neurotic anecdotes about cats, anal retentiveness and the apocalypse.’
- ‘‘Not to stereotype accountants, but it's good to have that anal retentiveness in the way that we look at stocks,’ says Fort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.