Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘And, I know it's an unusual analogy, but he seriously walks like a duck with severe anal retention.’
- ‘The logic leap in the revamped The Stepford Wives, which is real, also is a bit of anal retention that, like checking your watch, is a good indicator that you really aren't into the movie.’
- ‘Sadly, directors Andrew Begg and Mark Williams have missed the opportunity to gently probe the peculiarity of this specialist subject and investigate the darker recesses of anal retention.’
- ‘We use the same techniques in breaking in a glove as the position players do, there's just not as much anal retention going on.’
- ‘Isn't a slavish attention to deadline little more than journalistic anal retention?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.