One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Isn't a slavish attention to deadline little more than journalistic anal retention?’
- ‘The logic leap in the revamped The Stepford Wives, which is real, also is a bit of anal retention that, like checking your watch, is a good indicator that you really aren't into the movie.’
- ‘We use the same techniques in breaking in a glove as the position players do, there's just not as much anal retention going on.’
- ‘And, I know it's an unusual analogy, but he seriously walks like a duck with severe anal retention.’
- ‘Sadly, directors Andrew Begg and Mark Williams have missed the opportunity to gently probe the peculiarity of this specialist subject and investigate the darker recesses of anal retention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.