Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The word base was filtered by me for words below 6 as these smaller words become so easy to find that any deliberate anagrammatisation would be hard to see.’
- ‘One of the things I sent along was a line-by-line anagrammatization of Sylvia Plath's poem ‘Ariel,’ which you can read here.’
- ‘In the happy crush of mail entries to this contest, we received lots and lots of movies comically altered by anagrammatization .’
- ‘My wondering about it led me to the belief that it was an anagrammatization .’
- ‘These are two very different individuals separated by more than mere anagrammatisation .’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.