One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the first case, i.e. a new anagenetic evolutionary trend, a complete reversal of the direction of natural selection should be assumed.’
- ‘Species defined in these anagenetic terms have neither discrete temporal boundaries nor a sufficient level of constancy during their evolutionary tenures.’
- ‘Most of these anagenetic changes are probably concentrated only within the earliest period of the existence of a new species.’
- ‘Assigning species names within an anagenetic lineage is problematic.’
- ‘Darwin, who viewed natural selection as a process producing slow anagenetic changes along lines of descent, thought that species were arbitrary slices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.