One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medical specialist who administers anaesthetics.
- ‘Advanced practice nurses include nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists for psychology and mental health, certified registered nurse anesthetists, and certified nurse midwives.’
- ‘The recommendations were carefully worked out with consultations of the royal colleges of anaesthetists, general practitioners, and psychiatrists.’
- ‘The medical personnel were nurses, doctors, anaesthetists, surgeons and critical-care specialists from across Australia.’
- ‘Frequently on a 24-hour basis, one medical officer and two nurse anesthetists managed four patients undergoing emergent surgery for abdominal, chest, and extremity wounds in the OR.’
- ‘Surgeons of all specialties, and especially anaesthetists, should be aware that undiagnosed obstructive sleep apnoea is common’
- ‘The learner audience would include surgeons, nurse anesthetists, anesthesiologists, perioperative nurses, technicians, and RN first assistants.’
- ‘So if we have medical anaesthetists and nurse anaesthetists, how do those scopes interrelate?’
- ‘There is not only a nursing shortage, there also is a shortage of qualified surgeons, anesthesiologists, and nurse anesthetists.’
- ‘The standards now require that only certified RN anesthetists or anesthesiologists administer propofol.’
- ‘It is packed with medical equipment and a relatively big staff, consisting of surgeons, anesthetists, doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and so on.’
- ‘Should patients with leaking aneurysms be accompanied by anaesthetists or specialists in critical care during transfer?’
- ‘There are many risks involved to the consumer and the nurse anesthetist in hospitals or physician practices wherein the nurse anesthetist carries malpractice insurance only as provided by the agency or practice.’
- ‘To give the epidural anaesthetic, the anaesthetist passes a hollow needle into a small space just below the spinal cord.’
- ‘Despite last week's political row, the underlying question that has emerged is whether Scotland's surgeons, anaesthetists, radiologists and senior medics are worth the money.’
- ‘Certified registered nurse anaesthetists are advanced practice nurses with graduate level education.’
- ‘There was also a shortage of skilled professional staff such as anaesthetists, dentists, occupational therapists and specialist doctors.’
- ‘With a burn specialist at the core, the hospital disaster management team also includes a respiratory physician and an anaesthetist.’
- ‘Doctors, surgeons, nurse anesthetists, nurses and medical technicians work like a well-oiled machine, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.’
- ‘In addition, there would be an anesthesiologist and a nurse anesthetist there.’
- ‘The operation used two theatres, involving four surgeons, four anaesthetists, one anaesthetic nurse, one operating department assistant and six other theatre nurses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.