One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine concerned with anaesthesia and anaesthetics.
- ‘The team is a complex system comprising representatives from nursing, surgery, and anesthesiology - all disciplines with different health care models.’
- ‘They covered a range of illnesses and treatments from respiratory infections to surgery to anaesthesiology.’
- ‘Because of the enormous educational value of this conference, we frequently have medical students and medical residents from anesthesiology, hematology, and pediatrics in attendance.’
- ‘However, there are significant important differences (other than spelling) between anaesthesia in the United Kingdom and anaesthesiology in the United States.’
- ‘Each of these entails invasiveness, risks, and limitations on usefulness, as well as such medical expertise as anesthesiology, surgery, radiology, dietary, and general nursing.’
- ‘Most were related to anesthesiology or surgical techniques or to the endocrine responses to changes induced by body posture.’
- ‘At Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, five medical directors from anesthesiology and critical care, pediatrics, medicine and hematology, gynecology and obstetrics, and surgery were appointed.’
- ‘This comparison has shown anesthesiology and emergency medicine to be the highest-risk specialties.’
- ‘Interest in certain medical specialties - including anesthesiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and diagnostic radiology - appears to be on the rise, with more matches in each specialty.’
- ‘Experts in anaesthesiology, pathology, gynaecology and radiology are particularly in demand.’
- ‘The medical house staff consisted of residents from anesthesiology, medicine, and surgery training programs on 1-to 3-month rotations.’
- ‘Additional factors uniquely important to medical products developers are addressed in other standards for some specific applications, such as equipment for anesthesiology.’
- ‘We presented the flow chart to nurses and physicians in orthopaedics, anaesthesiology, and intensive care during small group teaching sessions of about 15 minutes' duration.’
- ‘Clinicians working in anaesthesiology tend to be risk averse and interested in patient safety because anaesthesia can be dangerous but has no therapeutic benefit of its own.’
- ‘The NP uses perioperative laboratory guidelines developed by the department of anesthesiology.’
- ‘He created joint chairs for both anaesthesiology and intensive care at all Soviet medical schools.’
- ‘One study examined the effects of music use in various medical specialties, including anesthesiology, surgery, orthopedics, dentistry, and obstetrics.’
- ‘Many had more than one certification in a medical specialty, the most common being intensive care medicine and anaesthesiology.’
- ‘He also obtained a doctorate in anatomy and completed a residency and a research fellowship in anesthesiology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.’
- ‘These should really be viewed differently, as anesthesiology, surgery, internal medicine, and pulmonary medicine are all partial subspecialties of critical care!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.