One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They're not anachronistically trying to make the perfect old-fashioned pop song.’
- ‘The latter appears, anachronistically, in the guise of two rich young bachelors who have just inherited the estate next door.’
- ‘Some of these objects clash anachronistically with the picture's subject matter.’
- ‘Perhaps anachronistically, he argues that naval power remains pivotal, even in the 21st century.’
- ‘He excoriates those who have insisted somewhat anachronistically that Calvin was not a systematic theologian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.