Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or promoting anabolism.
- ‘The low-carb diets have reduced the insulin response, but remember, insulin is a very anabolic hormone.’
- ‘These increased levels of sugar and aminos will cause your pancreas to release your body's strongest anabolic hormone, insulin.’
- ‘The more robust your GI tract, the more available nutrients such as glutamine are for anabolic muscle metabolism.’
- ‘Insulin is an anabolic hormone that kick-starts muscle-building processes that will use those amino acids.’
- ‘Colostrum is rich in anabolic peptides, protective antibodies and immune messengers that help the gut heal.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.