One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And then the wonder happened: a few days after the exsiccator was filled with plain tap water, the seemingly dead (anabiotic) eggs awakened to life!’
- ‘When anabiotic, tardigrades look like they are dead - they don't move, don't breathe and their metabolism is undetectable.’
- ‘‘Recent research [shows] that extremely severe conditions of cosmic environments do not exclude the possibility that microorganisms may exist in anabiotic states at high altitudes in interplanetary space,’ he wrote in a recent paper.’
- ‘Evidence suggests that glacial ice cannot support bacterial growth but rather traps these organisms for considerable lengths of time in an anabiotic state.’
- ‘We put hearts, blood and semen of the lab animals into an anabiotic capsule designed and built by our team.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.