One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘But what can we say of the barbarity of Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli, who cracked down mercilessly on the radical Anabaptists and other dissenters after risking their own lives for religious liberty?’
- ‘The region was a mixture of Calvinists, Lutherans, Catholics and Anabaptists.’
- ‘Catholics, along with Lutherans and Calvinists in Europe, fiercely persecuted the Anabaptists, and for four hundred years there had been few efforts at reconciliation.’
- ‘Moreover, like the Anabaptists, they interpreted the commandments of the Sermon of the Mount literally and so refused to bear arms or to swear oaths.’
- ‘He was at first not as radical in his reforms as some of the Anabaptists of that city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.