One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
More options or resources than one knows what to do with.‘picking a highlight from such an embarrassment of riches is hard’‘there is an embarrassment of intellectual riches in the two anthologies’‘as consumers we have an embarrassment of choice’
- ‘Suddenly, the selectors who hardly knew where to turn earlier in the season have an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘He has come full bloom at the time Indian cricket has an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘Given the generosity with which people describe themselves, such Web sites are an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘From being an embarrassment up front, they have an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘Minor affluence is a far cry from what I'd call "an embarrassment of riches."’
- ‘This collection of gems puts him in that happy predicament the French call "an embarrassment of choices."’
- ‘In short, what we have here is an astonishing wealth and stylistic range of soundscapes, quite literally an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘What at first seems to be nothing more than a contractual obligation thing is actually an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘We've like I said, we have an embarrassment of riches.’
- ‘Turning to his bibliography, a rigorous catalogue of debates in book and periodical, we face an embarrassment of choice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.