One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A firmly held belief.‘it was an article of faith with this circle that women must free themselves’
principle, belief, doctrine, precept, creed, credo, article of faith, dogma, canon, ruleView synonyms
- ‘Their conviction rests on seven articles of faith, carefully passed from person to person at all levels of the black community.’
- ‘A creed is meant to summarize the explicit teachings or articles of faith, to imbed and thus protect and transmit the beliefs.’
- ‘One of the ironies of multiculturalism is its inconsistency with the other tenets of the liberal articles of faith, such as feminism.’
- ‘It's become an article of faith among environmentalists, the idea of the Ecological Indian.’
- ‘My experience is that the two propositions set forth in the preceding paragraph are articles of faith among this crowd.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.