One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The non-crystallizable form of starch, consisting of branched polysaccharide chains.
- ‘Long-grain Asian sticky rice is sticky for the same reason as risotto rice: amylopectin.’
- ‘Inulin is a soluble carbohydrate of much lower molecular weight than either amylose or amylopectin.’
- ‘More specifically, they have a chemical component known as amylopectin, a naturally occurring polymer.’
- ‘The two major components of starch are amylose and amylopectin.’
- ‘About three-quarters of the total, depending on the source of the starch, is in the form of amylopectin; this consists of short, interconnected chains making up a many-branched mass comprising thousands of sugar units.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.