Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Deposition of amyloid in the body.→ amyloid
- ‘Less common features include clubbing, periostitis, amyloidosis, and granulomatous disease of bone and joint.’
- ‘Furthermore, I was particularly impressed with the individual chapters covering diabetes mellitus and amyloidosis.’
- ‘The precise etiology and pathogenesis of laryngeal amyloidosis remain unknown.’
- ‘There was no evidence of systemic amyloidosis or malignancy.’
- ‘Since then, numerous cases of hereditary polyneuropathy associated with amyloidosis have been reported from several countries.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.