One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large outdoor area with fairground rides, shows, and other entertainments.
- ‘We are drawn slowly to the top of the ride and suddenly we see the ocean and the amusement park appear below us.’
- ‘Plan a slumber party, a night at the movies or a day at the amusement park.’
- ‘For those who require a little excitement, there is a small amusement park that offers bumper cars for all ages and rides for the kids.’
- ‘Quickly, they were able to plan out their day in the amusement park before their ride was over.’
- ‘It is an amusement park that is offering a variety of rides for all tastes.’
- ‘Tell us, do you seek the thrill rides at the amusement park or is the carousel more your speed?’
- ‘It was around noon and Holly and I were walking though the amusement park, riding ride after ride.’
- ‘The amusement park will feature the giant wheel and other rides usually loved by the children.’
- ‘I don't do anything else real fast, and you won't get me near some of those rides at an amusement park.’
- ‘The 30-second ad has become so popular that there is serious talk of creating just such a ride at an amusement park in Florida.’
- ‘The speed combined with the effect of the lights made the whole scene almost like a ride at an amusement park.’
- ‘In return I flashed the lopsided grin of a fool in an amusement park.’
- ‘It's the sort of music that is most moving when heard from afar, late at night, in an outdoor amusement park.’
- ‘Since we can't take the kids to the amusement park, we bring the amusement park to the kids.’
- ‘You will never need to visit an amusement park as long as you take rides in cabs in Calcutta.’
- ‘Go to an amusement park and watch people getting off the roller coaster.’
- ‘A total of six elephants broke free from their handlers while they were on parade at an amusement park.’
- ‘You may be heading for mountains or beaches or an amusement park but you want to have a break from the ordinary grind of life.’
- ‘It's like a cross between an amusement park and a luxury resort.’
- ‘If you're a dad at an amusement park, you will be fleeced and frightened, humiliated and exposed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.