One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large outdoor area with fairground rides, shows, and other entertainments.
- ‘If you're a dad at an amusement park, you will be fleeced and frightened, humiliated and exposed.’
- ‘Since we can't take the kids to the amusement park, we bring the amusement park to the kids.’
- ‘For those who require a little excitement, there is a small amusement park that offers bumper cars for all ages and rides for the kids.’
- ‘I don't do anything else real fast, and you won't get me near some of those rides at an amusement park.’
- ‘It's like a cross between an amusement park and a luxury resort.’
- ‘It's the sort of music that is most moving when heard from afar, late at night, in an outdoor amusement park.’
- ‘The amusement park will feature the giant wheel and other rides usually loved by the children.’
- ‘The speed combined with the effect of the lights made the whole scene almost like a ride at an amusement park.’
- ‘Quickly, they were able to plan out their day in the amusement park before their ride was over.’
- ‘Plan a slumber party, a night at the movies or a day at the amusement park.’
- ‘In return I flashed the lopsided grin of a fool in an amusement park.’
- ‘A total of six elephants broke free from their handlers while they were on parade at an amusement park.’
- ‘The 30-second ad has become so popular that there is serious talk of creating just such a ride at an amusement park in Florida.’
- ‘Go to an amusement park and watch people getting off the roller coaster.’
- ‘You may be heading for mountains or beaches or an amusement park but you want to have a break from the ordinary grind of life.’
- ‘Tell us, do you seek the thrill rides at the amusement park or is the carousel more your speed?’
- ‘We are drawn slowly to the top of the ride and suddenly we see the ocean and the amusement park appear below us.’
- ‘It is an amusement park that is offering a variety of rides for all tastes.’
- ‘It was around noon and Holly and I were walking though the amusement park, riding ride after ride.’
- ‘You will never need to visit an amusement park as long as you take rides in cabs in Calcutta.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.