Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rare leopard of a subspecies found in forests in the far east of Russia and north-east China.‘the cubs were the first litter of Amur leopards born at the Minnesota Zoo since 1995’
- ‘During the latest survey, researchers counted Amur leopard tracks along snowy trails to determine an estimated population size.’
- ‘He was instrumental in pushing for creation of the Land of the Leopard National Park, a sanctuary for critically threatened Amur leopards that opened earlier this year.’
- ‘The Amur leopard recovery program began in 2001, when the species was on the brink of total extinction.’
- ‘Other Denver Zoo animals born through the survival plan include Makar, an Amur leopard, born on April 25.’
- ‘The biggest threat to the Amur leopard is the illegal wildlife trade.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.