One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crustacean of the chiefly marine order "Amphipoda".
- ‘Several clam species were observed on the sandier flats, and small crabs, amphipods, and isopods were available on the marsh surface.’
- ‘Roswell springsnail, Koster's tryonia and Pecos assiminea are small aquatic snails, while the Noel's amphipod is a freshwater shrimp.’
- ‘For example, crickets infected with bacteria, Drosophila infested with mites, and amphipods harboring trematodes all increase reproductive activity.’
- ‘In addition to fish, Pterois volitans feed on invertebrates such as amphipods, isopods, and other crustaceans.’
- ‘Isopods and amphipods spend low tide buried in wrack, where variation in temperature and humidity is strongly damped relative to the exposed intertidal surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.