Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The Catipes group has amphimictic diploids and tetraploids and derived from them are all of the polyploid agamic complexes in the genus.’
- ‘Comparative investigation on spindle behavior and MPF activity changes during oocyte maturation between genogenetic and amphimictic crucian carp.’
- ‘Levels of apomictic and amphimictic seed formation in a natural population of Coprosma robusta in Riccarton Bush, Christchurch, New Zealand’
- ‘Also, the species' integrality means not only amphimictic reproduction; it is much more complex process.’
- ‘The results of analysis of the amphimictic progenies confirmed the proposed earlier hypothesis that the development of black patches in koi is controlled by one dominant gene.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.