One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A granular metamorphic rock consisting mainly of hornblende and plagioclase.
- ‘A uniform, regionally concordant layer of amphibolite with occasional ultramafic pods, termed the Sta Amphibolite, overlies the Sta Series.’
- ‘It grades into a manganese-rich ilmenite that ultimately replaces the spinel phase near the transition to the garnet amphibolite.’
- ‘It contains a variety of lithologies including augen gneiss, quartzite, amphibolite, calc-silicate, pelite and marble.’
- ‘The prominent basement rocks of the Brumado area are Precambrian in age and consist dominantly of gneisses, schists, and amphibolite.’
- ‘Field observations show that the gabbroperidotite section had already cooled to amphibolite - to greenschist-facies conditions when the dykes intruded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.