One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A granular metamorphic rock consisting mainly of hornblende and plagioclase.
- ‘A uniform, regionally concordant layer of amphibolite with occasional ultramafic pods, termed the Sta Amphibolite, overlies the Sta Series.’
- ‘It grades into a manganese-rich ilmenite that ultimately replaces the spinel phase near the transition to the garnet amphibolite.’
- ‘It contains a variety of lithologies including augen gneiss, quartzite, amphibolite, calc-silicate, pelite and marble.’
- ‘Field observations show that the gabbroperidotite section had already cooled to amphibolite - to greenschist-facies conditions when the dykes intruded.’
- ‘The prominent basement rocks of the Brumado area are Precambrian in age and consist dominantly of gneisses, schists, and amphibolite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.