One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the piece unfolds through these different layers, images of billowy clouds juxtaposed with bodies that breathe amphibiously transform the park into an airy lagoon.’
- ‘As a consequence, the British-Canadian force brought amphibiously to France for the D-Day assault was initially larger than the American contingent, about 75,000 to 55,000.’
- ‘As the Soviet Army advanced overland from the north, some units were parachuted into key cities, or landed amphibiously in Korea.’
- ‘Two glider combat teams landed amphibiously at a town, Nasugbu, on the west coast of the island of Luzon, south of Manila.’
- ‘Without preparation, the vehicles enter the river and ford amphibiously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.