One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the piece unfolds through these different layers, images of billowy clouds juxtaposed with bodies that breathe amphibiously transform the park into an airy lagoon.’
- ‘As a consequence, the British-Canadian force brought amphibiously to France for the D-Day assault was initially larger than the American contingent, about 75,000 to 55,000.’
- ‘Without preparation, the vehicles enter the river and ford amphibiously.’
- ‘Two glider combat teams landed amphibiously at a town, Nasugbu, on the west coast of the island of Luzon, south of Manila.’
- ‘As the Soviet Army advanced overland from the north, some units were parachuted into key cities, or landed amphibiously in Korea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.