One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for courtly love
- ‘To St George, in his chivalry, she would have been his liege lady in a higher form of amour courtois.’
- ‘Even the poor got to sample a bit of it, because the cult of the Virgin and amour courtois essentially are facets of the same gem.’
- ‘Concerning itself for the most part with an exploration of the darker side of the psyche as this collection does, the some half dozen love poems, though passionate and steeped in the rich tradition of the Irish amour courtois, exude an overriding feeling of angst and vanitas at the realisation of the transitory nature of existence.’
- ‘It is by accepting or rejecting their advice that he shows himself to be worthy, and in the process teaches us the intricate rules of amour courtois.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.