One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Approximately a third of cases of dysentery were classified amoebic, a third as bacillary and the rest remained undifferentiated.’
- ‘Elsewhere, amoebic abscesses are more common, and, worldwide, amoebae are the commonest cause.’
- ‘If you develop an amoebic liver abscess and have not responded well to antibiotic treatment after seven days, or there is a high risk that the abscess may rupture, your doctor may suggest a small operation to drain the abscess.’
- ‘Fever is the presenting symptom in 10 to 15 percent of patients, and therefore amebic abscess should be considered in patients with a fever of unknown origin.’
- ‘The patterns and motifs are highly complex, ranging from starbursts and amoebic shapes to flowers and birds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.