One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- informal term for amniocentesis
- ‘And yes you can get an amnio done just because you want one.’
- ‘We got a 99 percent all-clear for any neural tube defects and were told that the doctor saw no need for an amnio.’
- ‘My doctor has suggested we get an amnio at 14 weeks.’
- ‘You see the main complication of an amnio is that it can cause a miscarriage in a proportion of women.’
- ‘We also decided not to tell anybody else until the results of the amnio came in.’
- ‘Although I understand their concern I am quite reluctant to get an amnio and take any risk.’
- ‘Look, Doctor, Kathy is going to get her amnio in a few weeks, we'll see what happens then.’
- ‘They need to get the amnio done anyway, to screen for congenital disorders.’
- ‘I had three different nurse-midwives call me and lecture me on the low risks of an amnio, telling me that I was not taking things seriously enough.’
- ‘Monday I go in for an amnio to make sure our baby doesn't have Downs Syndrome or some other chromosome disorder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.