Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Combined or treated with ammonia.
- ‘Names such as ammoniated tincture of valerian can safely be revealed without upsetting the psychological applecart.’
- ‘Several formulations are available, and all are based on fertilizers such as urea, ammonium nitrate, ammoniated phosphates, potassium sulfate, potassium nitrate.’
- ‘Following ammoniated wheat straw feeding, heifers were stratified by BW and assigned randomly, beginning on May 12, to one of four grazing treatments.’
- ‘Although these ammoniated latex proteins have different molecular weights than those of nonammoniated latex, the epitopes remain the same.’
- ‘In turn, off-gassing of ammoniated in concrete-grade ash can occur in slab placement and finishing.’
- ‘Unknown to most homeowners, linoleum is easily affected or damaged by hot water and strong alkaline cleaners, especially ammoniated ones in addition to the obvious factors like solvents and oils.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.