One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple organic compound containing both a carboxyl (—COOH) and an amino (—NH₂) group.as modifier ‘the amino-acid sequence of a protein’
- ‘The simplest amino acid is glycine which contains a hydrogen atom as its side group.’
- ‘Homocysteine is produced from the amino acid methionine, which is found in normal dietary protein.’
- ‘Protein molecules are large biological polymers of small molecules called amino acids, and each protein has a unique amino-acid sequence.’
- ‘To tackle this problem a variety of approaches have been developed to predict the three-dimensional structure of a protein given its amino-acid sequence.’
- ‘Two known enzymes catabolize the essential amino acid tryptophan in mammals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.