One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a friendly and pleasant manner.‘soon everyone was chatting amiably’
- ‘We were able to get along amiably throughout the entire trial, down to the last closing argument.’
- ‘She amiably offered a smile in return, which pleasantly surprised him.’
- ‘They sit amiably in front of a coffee table made from a knee-high stack of animation cels.’
- ‘He amiably volunteered to make an appointment for me with the minister.’
- ‘The two then parted ways amiably.’
- ‘His forthright, amiably assertive manner perhaps appealed to some readers.’
- ‘His movie is like a cork bobbing amiably on waves of lightness and unforced gaiety.’
- ‘This character's role is merely to grin amiably, like the servants in old Hollywood films.’
- ‘We were talking so amiably that I found myself enjoying being with you as I never had before.’
- ‘She was kissing his face amiably as if he were her savior, taking her away from her disappearing world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.