Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for American Sign Language
- ‘The various shadings and subtle differences in words may come blurred in Ameslan communication.’
- ‘Patterson was working with Ameslan, standard American Sign Language.’
- ‘I pointed out the well-documented ability of Chimpanzees to ‘speak’ and understand American Standard Sign Language, Ameslan.’
- ‘Harvey found most deaf children and their hearing parents unable to communicate in the primary language system of Ameslan.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.