One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of making a person or thing American in character or nationality.‘the Americanization of popular culture continues apace’
- ‘The French worried about the Americanization of their culture and the disappearance of peasant society.’
- ‘The union becomes an experiment in Americanization more than a loving relationship.’
- ‘These novels present an alternate vision of Americanization.’
- ‘I seldom ask myself questions about my "Americanization."’
- ‘Statistics provide a much less dramatic picture of Americanization through television.’
- ‘Americanization did take place in the period directly after the World War II, when American society became a controversial model for Europeans.’
- ‘The criticisms against bilingual education policy are myopic and focused on nostalgic notions of Americanization and assimilation.’
- ‘Critique of the process of Americanization was also a central issue in the arts.’
- ‘It is hard to appreciate the global reach and power of Americanization when one is working from inside the global center.’
- ‘The story of his Americanization becomes, in fact, an account of recurring homelessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.