One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of making a person or thing American in character or nationality.‘the Americanization of popular culture continues apace’
- ‘These novels present an alternate vision of Americanization.’
- ‘The criticisms against bilingual education policy are myopic and focused on nostalgic notions of Americanization and assimilation.’
- ‘It is hard to appreciate the global reach and power of Americanization when one is working from inside the global center.’
- ‘The union becomes an experiment in Americanization more than a loving relationship.’
- ‘The story of his Americanization becomes, in fact, an account of recurring homelessness.’
- ‘Statistics provide a much less dramatic picture of Americanization through television.’
- ‘I seldom ask myself questions about my "Americanization."’
- ‘Americanization did take place in the period directly after the World War II, when American society became a controversial model for Europeans.’
- ‘Critique of the process of Americanization was also a central issue in the arts.’
- ‘The French worried about the Americanization of their culture and the disappearance of peasant society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.