One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of sign language developed in the US and used also in English-speaking parts of Canada.
- ‘The type preferred by most deaf adults is American Sign Language, which has rules and grammar that is distinct from English.’
- ‘I learned American Sign Language at the New York School for the Deaf, read journal articles and finally was accepted.’
- ‘It is now clear that sign languages, such as American Sign Language, have all the essential properties of spoken language.’
- ‘The activists also insist that ‘deaf culture,’ complete with its own language - American Sign Language, or ASL - is no different from any other ethnic or linguistic culture.’
- ‘I've taken some classes in American Sign Language at a community college near me and would love to combine it with my background in dance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.