One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having one American and one Asian parent.
- ‘They were not among the few thousand Amerasian children who came to the United States before the war's end.’
- ‘Last year this 29 year-old Amerasian woman was desperately trying to come to the United States with her husband and two children’
- ‘She turned her attention and resources especially toward Amerasian children.’
A person with one American and one Asian parent.
- ‘For the first time in their lives, they learn to be proud of themselves as Amerasians.’
- ‘And then in 1996, after a three year search, with the help of an American writer researching Amerasians, she located her father, who came to Vietnam to meet her.’
- ‘Fifty-eight more Amerasians were flown out of Vietnam today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.