Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This year we topped up with a soil amender (again from composted yard trimmings from the transfer station) and steer manure.’
- ‘He was among the thirty-four authors and amenders of the 1933 Humanist Manifesto, first drafted by Roy Wood Sellars.’
- ‘Article authors and amenders get no pay and no public credit.’
- ‘The amends made should support the amender's values or the family or school values if the amender is young.’
- ‘Soil amender is a safe and natural substitute for chemical fertilizers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.