One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Age-related macular degeneration.‘the results provide physicians and patients with new information about preventing vision loss from AMD’
- ‘AMD is a medical condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision caused by retinal damage.’
- ‘In the meantime, during regular examinations, eye doctors can see the telltale signs of early, intermediate, and advanced AMD.’
- ‘Among the causes of AMD, scientists describe a breakdown of light-sensitive cells within the retina.’
- ‘According to the National Eye Institute (NEI), more than 1.6 million Americans in that age group have advanced AMD.’
- ‘He will recruit six patients suffering from AMD, all aged at least 50 years, and take cells from their skin.’
- ‘The Armenian dram continued depreciating to the end 2010 at the annual average rate of AMD 373.3 per USD.’
- ‘Convert money in Armenian Dram (AMD) to and from foreign currencies using up to date exchange rates.’
- ‘With the improvement of the external current account, the Armenian dram (AMD) remained stable.’
- ‘The banking group took the lead in call liabilities (126.7 billion AMD).’
- ‘The Armenian currency is known as the ''dram'', and the currency is abbreviated as AMD.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.