Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Patient compliance is improved because ambulation is permitted.’
- ‘After transfer, a nurse or physical therapist assists the patient with progressive ambulation.’
- ‘Most patients progress to assisted ambulation and full weight bearing.’
- ‘It was late October and he had been complaining of shortness of breath, difficulty in ambulation, and generally feeling very sick.’
- ‘The pediatrician noted slight delay in ambulation at 12 months, but in line with maternal developmental patterns.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.