One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The intensive screening protocol was associated with better acuity in the amblyopic eye and a lower prevalence of amblyopia at 7.5 years of age, in comparison with screening at 37 months only.’
- ‘Although researchers found that vision in the amblyopic eye improved faster in the patching group, the difference in the two groups at six months was small and not significant.’
- ‘If both eyes are out of focus, both may become amblyopic.’
- ‘If not treated early enough, an amblyopic eye may never develop good vision and may even become functionally blind.’
- ‘The authors conclude that children who required treatment for amblyopia were four times more likely to remain amblyopic if they were screened only at 37 months of age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.