Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘She tried to figure out when she lost her drive, her ambitiousness, when she lost her will power.’
- ‘But it has a depth and ambitiousness that are worthy of praise.’
- ‘The fault may lie in the ambitiousness of the authors' vision.’
- ‘Inherent in this are his qualities of individuality, ambitiousness, justice, and straightforwardness.’
- ‘Perhaps the main fault of the book is also its strongest virtue, its ambitiousness.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.