Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘He carries off the ambiguousness of Prot's character with understated precision.’
- ‘Brandi realized the ambiguousness of her phrase.’
- ‘Fans of the first film will agree that the sheer ambiguousness and enigmatic status of the film's villain was the main ingredient that catapulted the original into cult status.’
- ‘I loved the ambiguousness and the honesty, the emotional resonance of being completely forthright and yet respectful of the subject matter.’
- ‘Nowadays, directors overuse music, lighting, and camera angles to destroy any ambiguousness in characters.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.