One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of gentle, largely electronic instrumental music with no persistent beat, used to create or enhance a mood or atmosphere.
- ‘Maybe this is the modern equivalent to ambient music.’
- ‘Following Eno's dictum that ambient music must be as ‘ignorable as it is interesting’, this music repays pretty much any level of attention you're prepared to give it.’
- ‘Needless to say, Luke leapt at the opportunity, even though he wasn't making ambient music.’
- ‘You may not get to sing along, but this is not ambient music; it is immersive and involving.’
- ‘This is a wonderfully rich, rewarding, deep, chaotic composition that should be the standard for all ambient music for the next 20 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.