Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Beer.
- ‘Although the company has come up with new flavors and colors, the old-fashioned amber liquid still has devotees.’
- ‘She returned in a moment holding a tall, frothy mug of amber liquid.’
- ‘He reached forward with one huge arm and picked up a large tankard of some drink, sloshing amber liquid on the table.’
- ‘He rubbed his eyes and was handed a bottle of amber liquid.’
- ‘The three judges wrote copious notes, while drinking copious amounts of amber liquid to refresh and cool their fevered brows.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.