Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘He was rewarded with the ambassadorship to Italy - despite an astounding lack of diplomatic skills.’
- ‘At one stage, I was offered the ambassadorship to Switzerland, but I refused.’
- ‘This post, in my judgment, will be one of the most consequential ambassadorships in American history.’
- ‘We need to get our ambassadorship to the UN to help with reform.’
- ‘A candidate for goodwill ambassadorship, her beauty is more than skin deep.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.