Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A wooden fence around the ambassadorial residence gives it privacy and a suburban hominess.’
- ‘His ambassadorial duties in the late 1980s and 1990s included ambassadorships to the Philippines and Mexico.’
- ‘It is a great honour to learn that I have been given my first ambassadorial appointment.’
- ‘Mr Zisman came to Bulgaria - his first ambassadorial posting - in October.’
- ‘He then embarked upon a year in Prague, where his mother's ambassadorial connections secured a year-long internship as a trainee diplomat with the European Commission.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.